Sunday 6 January 2013

GQ: Dwyane Wade’s Five Steps to Off-Court Style


If you’ve been watching D-Wade evolve over the past few years, you’ve noticed that he’s been stepping up his style game. What we dig most is the way he takes a simple suit to bolder, more personal places with a few trademark styling moves. Here, we ask the Miami Heat superstar to break down his five favorite suited looks of the season.


1. My Throwback Tweed Look
“To wear a gray tweed suit, you have to be mature and confident in yourself. Some people can’t pull it off. My thing is that I always want to do something to pop my outfit. The sweater adds that punch of color, and the driving cap grabs attention.”

2. I’m Feeling the Double-Breasted Right Now
“I told my stylist that I wanted her to throw something different at me, and she brought me double-breasted suits. At first I wasn’t feeling it, but when we went to the fashion shows in Milan, it clicked: I can rock it. You’re going to see more DBs from me.”

3. A Little Chest Showing Like Brad Pitt
“If I had to wear one suit for the rest of my life, it’d be this right here. No tie gives you that suave, sexy Brad Pitt feel.”

4. The Look That Says I’m a Grown Man
“A turtleneck is about sophistication. You have to be confident to wear one, and trust me, I got this.”

5. I Can Sit Down with a CEO
“A Tom Ford three-piece makes you feel so confident, it’s bananas. I can walk into a meeting with this; I can sit down with a CEO. The patterned shirt and the pocket square make people do a double take—and that’s always what I’m looking for.”

No comments:

Post a Comment